Monday, September 19, 2011

Some Peoples Children

This past week has been just crappy. Awhile ago our house was broken into by one of my daughter's friends. It was bad enough that she broke into our house, but she had to lie about it. I told her mother and all she cared about was something that was completely unrelated. How pathetic is that? Someone accuses your daughter of B&E and theft and you focus on something completely different.

I'm reluctant to go to the police as it means my daughter will have to give a statement and if it goes to court she'll have to testify. I feel that she's been traumatized enough. I don't want her going thru that. The kid is just going to ignore the little thing she used to call a friend. Hopefully the little thing will leave her alone, and hopefully grow up. But you and I both know that's not going to happen anytime soon.

The only thing I can hope for as a parent is that I teach my kids to respect other peoples property, to not turn the blame on anyone else and to own up to their own mistakes and wrongdoings. No matter how much I may gripe and complain about my kids I love them dearly and only want to protect them. Some times it means protecting them from themselves and even if they don't want protecting you just gotta do it.

That's my rant for this post:

Later All and Be Well

No comments:

Post a Comment